The transformation of the estate is now well underway. All of the Isos homes on Phases 1, 2, 3 and 4a of the scheme are complete and work is starting on Phase 5a Spring 2012.
Bellway sales are also progressing well on the estate.
The plans can be viewed on the South Tyneside Council website through the planning explorer facility, alternatively speak to a member of staff about the redevelopment on 0191 424 6659.
The following objectives and vision for the project were agreed and a great deal has already been achieved. To regenerate the area for the benefit of the whole community and ensure the community is self sustaining by;
- Securing modern mixed tenure housing, with a variety of homes accessible to all incomes;
- Providing employment and training opportunities for the people of the Borough;
- Integrating the housing aspects of the project with other key activities such as Primary Care Centre and community facilities.
- Creating a development of real architecture that is safer for the whole community.
- Delivering homezone that puts people before cars and integrate well designed streetscape with high quality public art.